Insurance Investigation Services
Legal Investigations, Inc has been conducting insurance investigations since 1973 in the Worker’s comp, Liability and Property/Casualty areas. Our staff provides field surveillance, still photos and video, and conducts extensive background to include Social Media investigations on the Claimants. LII conducts activity checks for limited budget cases and supports SIU units and adjusters in everyday claims defense. According to the Coalition Against Insurance Fraud at least $308.6 billion is stolen from American Consumers every year.
Here are some potential red flags which may make a claim worthy of an investigation.
- Claimant has a short-term employment history.
- Seasonal position and the season is ending.
- Holidays are near; claimant wants more time off instead of using vacation time.
- Claimant was about to be fired.
- Claimant having money or financial problems.
- Claimant has filed similar claims in the past.
- Claimant was recently reprimanded or laid off.
- No witness to the accident.
- Rumors the accident was bogus.
- Claimant failed to report the accident for several days.
- Accident occurred on Monday or Friday.
- First report of injury and medical report are inconsistent.
- Claimant frequently misses doctor’s appointments.
- Claimant refuses certain procedures.
- Seem anxious for quick settlement.
- Claimant cannot be reached during the day or only returns phone calls.
- Claimant provides only post office box or cellphone number for contact information.
- Not interested in light duty work.
- Claimant continues to reinjure him/herself when returning to work.
- Bad feeling about the claim.